"Words of Love" is a song written by Buddy Holly and recorded by him on April 8, 1957. Holly harmonized for himself, by tape-recording each part and combining them.
The song was also covered by The Beatles on the album Beatles for Sale.
Other Covers of note include:
• Jessica Lea Mayfield covered the song for the Starbucks compilation Sweetheart: Our Favorite Artists Sing Their Favorite Love Songs.
• Paul McCartney recorded a version in 1985 on acoustic guitar which was featured in the documentary The Real Buddy Holly Story.
• Pat DiNizio covered the song for his tribute CD, Pat DiNizio/Buddy Holly, in 2009.
• Power Pop band Shoes covered the tune for the 1989 Buddy Holly tribute album Everyday Is A Holly-Day.
• Jimmy Gilmer and The Fireballs released a recording of the song in 1964 on the album Buddy's Buddy.
• Mike Berry released the song in 1999 on the tribute album Buddy---A Life in Music on the Hallmark label.
• The Pete Best Band recorded the song in 1999.
• Jeremy Jay recorded the song in 2009.
• Patti Smith's cover of the song is featured on the 2011 release Rave on Buddy Holly, a tribute album featuring performances of Holly's music by various artists.
• Jeff Lynne contributed a cover version for the tribute album, Listen to Me: Buddy Holly released in September 2011.
“The Vocal Chords” are performing in this recording.
You can now order The Vocal Chords’ Apache and Words Of Love from iTunes, Google Play and other major Stores.
We are emulating some of the artists we love and closely re-creating their sound.
Buddy Holly, Elvis, Beatles, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, The Seekers, The Shadows, The Byrds, The Hollies, Bowie, Orbison, The Coasters, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul and Mary, Peter and Gordon, Nina Simone, The Weavers, Pete Seeger, Del Vikings, Gene Vincent, The Kingston Trio, The Mamas and the Papas, and many others are our sources of inspiration.
We hope you will enjoy the music and share it with your friends, family and Playlists!
The Cud Chewing Cows are featured on these recordings.
Please share the video on your Facebook, Twitter (etc.) accounts; comment here if you like and please visit our site, join our fan club and more.
More info: www.VocalChords.ca
Members of our group also appear in the musical group "The Cud Chewing Cows". "The Cud Chewing Cows" just released their newest album entitled, "Slaughterhouse Flies".
Visit their site at: www.CudChewingCows.com
Even more info at: www.spaceviz.com